[Scribus] Problems using transparent images with PDF/X-3

Tino Schwarze scribus.lists
Fri Jul 8 16:21:36 CEST 2005

On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 04:10:24PM +0200, Dirk Zugenmaier wrote:

> This is my first attempt to do something with scribus, and I did not read the docs in depth when i started my project. Now I stumbled over the chapter, saying that transparent images don't work with PDF/X-3-output.
>
> Ok, now I have a serious problem. My layout has a red background (CMYK 0/93/93/7) and some images that require transparency (PNG-Files). When trying to flattern the images and using the same background as specified for print, I get a complete mixup (different type of red in the image than the background). For editing images I use gimp and Scribus Version 1.2.2.1 for the layout.
>
> Anyone any idea how to match the background of the image with the background of my scribus-file?

I ended up using icctrans to find the RGB color which produces the
nearest of my background[1] and having my images prepared with this
background.

Bye, Tino.

[1] I noticed that EuroscaleCoated and ISOcoated profiles do generate
sub-optimal values when used to convert CMYK to RGB - given these RGB
values, very different CMYK values come out.