[Scribus] PDF to HTML?

Tom Hicks tom
Wed Jul 13 16:18:35 CEST 2005

In message <200507131236.27471.cbradney at zip.com.au>
          Craig Bradney <cbradney at zip.com.au> wrote:

> On Wednesday 13 July 2005 10:39, Kurt Lhotzky wrote:
>> I have the following problem:
>>
>> I have installed one Linux-program (pdf to html) and one window$-program
>> (running under WINE) to convert scribus-created PDFs to HTML.
>> Unfortunately, both programs don't create results properly. It seems
>> that they cannot convert the fonts that I use in my documents. Has
>> anyone an idea what to do?
>
> Subset (convert to outlines in current Scribus code)? Make sure your html can
> see your fonts too.
But then that might not be the best idea, as HTML has no way to
represent vector data, it would probbably ether ignore all the vectors
(text), or just produce a full page image of all the text. (that would
preserve all the layout though, it might help not to expect exactly
the same layout in the HTML file, as you cant control all of the text
sizes / fonts ect.

one thing that i did think of, does the text not wrap at the ends of
lines correctly / have funny spaces in the middle of the words (li k e
t his) because thats what happened to me when i tried to copy+past
text out of a scribus pdf before

tomh