[Scribus] Installation problem in Fedora Core 4

PLinnell mrdocs
Fri Jul 15 22:31:36 CEST 2005

On Friday 15 July 2005 22:17, Robert R. Di Giorgio wrote:
> When I ran RPM on scribus-1.2.2.1-0.fc4.i686.rpm, the installation
> failed with the message that scribus needed liblcms.so.1. I already
> had that file in the system, but I put a copy in the scribus
> directory with the rpm package, so there should be no problem
> finding it. But I  kept getting the same failure. What do I have to
> do to get scribus to find liblcms?
> Thanks

rpm "finds" files by looking in its rpm database, not by scanning your
file system ;)

You need to install the correct liblcms rpm for Fedora-4.

Installing scribus is as simple as:
yum install scribus  (as root)

and it will install all the correct dependencies.

I got excellent cooperation from RedHat and Fedora devels to get
Scribus pushed into Extras quickly after release. There are also rpms
from Extras available for 1.2.2.1 for FC-3 also.

Peter