[Scribus] insert lorem ipsum: back to context menu?

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Fri Jul 22 04:02:15 CEST 2005

Christoph Sch?fer wrote:

> Hi Greg,
>
>> With software that I use a lot, I like keyboard equivalents, which
>> typically is a form of redundancy, but not something you necessarily
>> want to do without.
>

> I tend to disagree.
>
> Redundancy in a GUI means...

I think maybe I was just posting in excessive brevity.  In principle, I
agree with what you say, but this whole discussion you raised in
essence, just "proves your rule" ("prove" in its original meaning, like
"Pr?fung"), since this led to the reintroduction of Sample Text in the
context menu, many people including myself understanding what a context
menu is, and why a context menu is a useful thing.  And I don't think
it's all over yet -- it's still unclear what else should be in the
context menu and what might be deleted.

I agree with you about Windows title bar menus -- you just wonder what
the designers were smoking when they came up with those layouts. They
pretty obviously were not talking to users.

Greg