[Scribus] New porting target

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Mon Jun 6 22:21:38 CEST 2005

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 22:08:20 +0200
Craig Bradney <cbradney at zip.com.au> wrote:

> On Monday 06 June 2005 21:54, zee wrote:
> > Does the switch from PPC to Intel cloud the scribus/Mac path?
> > That pre-alpha aqua work seems cancelled out by the chip
> > change..would you continue coding
> > for a platform not long for this world?
> >
> > Would the Mac version then become pretty much like any x86 version,
> > with some mac-specific tweaks, then?
>
> As our code doesnt change much at all but only benefits by the cross
> platform existence, this does not cloud the need for Scribus OSX
> version now, which we have.

Moreover,  Andreas' MacOSX porting progress seems to outstep the testing
capabilities of this list:)

Andreas has announced yet another test build for MacOSX users, there
seem to be not too many people willing to give it a shot and write their feedback:

http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=2015

cheers
maciej