[Scribus] appearance complaints; also Unicode

bart at solozone.com bart
Sun Mar 6 04:19:29 CET 2005

Under "preferences", the panel is ungainly it shows
Typograph

and
Hyphenato

The left panel does not expand; but  the right panel does.
This is on 9.1 SuSe but my 9.2 with a bigger and better monitor does the same

ALSO
 "Build ID: 3. March 2005" is wrong usage. What is shown is the THIRD build of March 2005 when what is meant is something like "Build ID: Mar. 3, 2005" (American usage)
or simply
"Build ID: 3 March 2005" (no dot here)

Additionally does anyone know how to handle the Unicode fonts e.g Cardo Gentium and the big download gnu-ucs which makes no sense to me at all. SUSe 9.2 uses UTF-8 by default but the old fonts that came with XFree4 no longer ship with Xorg. G-r-r-. Gentium seems to show but not Cardo so well.

Bart ALberti