[Scribus] bad fonts

Craig Ringer craig
Wed Mar 9 09:36:14 CET 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 09:24 +0100, Craig Bradney wrote:

> Scribus use of fonts hasnt changed in 1.2. The only thing in 1.3 that has
> changed is the fontconfig use.

Newer freetype versions may be better at detecting faulty fonts, though,
if they add sanity checks that were previously missing.

I'd love to spend some time throwing garbage input into freetype to find
more missing sanity checks, but it's the "time" bit that gets me :S

Fontconfig replaces the scanning of the X font path and X config files
done in 1.2.x, but shouldn't affect the actual font loading (except that
a different set of fonts may be found).

--
Craig Ringer