[Scribus] Solaris 10 - getting really close

Rainer Heilke rheilke
Tue Mar 15 01:36:42 CET 2005

Craig Ringer wrote:

>On Sun, 2005-03-13 at 22:19 -0700, Rainer Heilke wrote:
>

>Yep, I then posted later to say I had Scribus going fine. That message
>had message-ID <1110306362.534.30.camel at bucket.localnet> if you need to
>look it up.
>

>As I noted in the message I posted earlier, I did _not_ use the updated
>gcc from sunfreeware.com as I had issues with it missing critical
>headers (and mkheaders didn't appear to fix that). It works fine with
>the builtin compiler once you fix those two conflicts between variable
>names and C preprocessor defines that I mentioned.

I found the message you refer to. I think I had read it, but didn't
fully grasp it. I'll try parsing it again. The references to the
companion CD are clear, but I'll have to hunt down the sciten.h, etc.

I think reinstalling the OS from scratch may be my best bet. I wish I
could remember what it was that caused the problems that made me go back
to the SunFreeWare.com GCC, etc. There was something that wouldn't
compile... I'm sure it will come back to me.

Thanks again,
Rainer