[Scribus] Opaque White in .eps becomes Transparent in PDF

Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins
Tue Mar 15 21:55:23 CET 2005

Hi Team,

Currently testing color output.
First "real life" attempt at that with Scribus.
I have a cmyk logo saved as .eps.
The logo holds in a "cartouche" type oval circled in black with a white
background.
In the final layout the logo is placed on different color backgrounds so
we expect it to stand out because of its white background.
Effectively, in Scribus the logo stands out as expected.
As a PDF ? and I tried all flavours, with/without color management ? I
am breaking my teeth at trying to get the white background not simply
becoming.... transparent.
Of course, I also tried this with/without transparent option.
Actually, I don't need transparency into that job.

My build is 1.2.1 cvs, Feb 14, 2005 on Mandrake 10.1

I was successful with a svg version of the same logo.

Then I tried the very same operation at work on a Fink build running on
X11, 1.2 Aug. 28, 2004.
With that older version the .eps is showing wrongly on the screen and on
the PDF.
An Adobe-Illustrator-made svg from the .eps file gives perfect results
in Scribus and on the PDF.

So I guess there must be something wrong with the handling of the .eps file.
Before filing a bug, I want to make sure I am not missing something
obvious. :)
So here I am!

Any hint will be appreciated. Not that I don't like the svg but this
workaround has a big drawback at least for now: how do you precisely
scale an svg image? Didn't find the easy way, yet!

Louis