[Scribus] Problem importing SVG generated with Inkscape

PLinnell mrdocs
Mon May 2 21:55:20 CEST 2005

On Monday 02 May 2005 17:55, Luca Pireddu wrote:
> Hello all.  I'm trying to import an SVG diagram I drew with
> Inkscape, but I'm having a problem.  The elements show up all out
> of position.  I posted a reduced example illustrating my problem
> here:
> http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/~luca/scribus_problem/
>
> I'm wondering whether I'm doing something wrong or whether I should
> file a bug report for Scribus.  I tried saving my diagram as both
> Inkscape SVG and Plain SVG.  I then import the diagram via
> File->Import->Import SVG.  Both Inkscape outputs have the same
> result.  Am I doing things right?  Is there a known work-around for
> this (other than exporting as a raster file)?

As a general rule, I avoid doing text in vector applications, unless
they are converted first to outlines.

That said, I looked at these files and they are not importing
correctly. If your diagrams are not too complex, you might be able to
do them directly in Scribus.

> TIA for your help.  This is my first time using Scribus and, except
> for this hiccup, things have been well :-)
>
> Luca

Peter