[Scribus] writing a scribus script/plugin

Craig Bradney cbradney
Tue Nov 15 12:19:39 CET 2005

On Tuesday 15 November 2005 12:08, Arun Swarup wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I have a small complaint with Scribus, which i wish to overcome by
> writing a plugin
>
> my complaint:
> Suppose I select a TextBox;
> On the Properties panel, it shows the "X,Y,Z" tab & I have to
> (manually) go to the Text tab
> Now, If i unselect it & select it again, i have to (again) select the Text
> tab

This is in fact a problem with the 1.3.x properties palette, which needs
fixing, and will be.

> I want to write a small plugin, which, for TextBoxes, displays the
> Text tab by default
>
> How do I start? I know a little python, and I am ready to learn more...
>
> The Plugin How-to says I have to know C++
> *wail*
> I know only C/Python/Java

Thats the plugin how to, yes you will need C++, however, I doubt this is your
answer. Your answer lies in a temporary (until we rewrite the palette) fix in
mpalette.cpp.

Craig