[Scribus] Scribus for books?

Kevin Walzer sw
Wed Nov 16 18:29:02 CET 2005

stu seven wrote:
> does the poster work for Adobe perhaps ?  :)

??????

Um, no. I'm a self-employed book publisher.

My settings for each are pretty standard: 300 dpi for color/bitmaps,
1200 dpi for black/line-art, embedding fonts.

InDesign offers more fine-grained control for PDF output, I've found.

In any event, as I said before, it's not a big deal. File size is far
less important than the quality of final output, and Scribus and
InDesign are equivalent in this respect, from my perspective. Scribus
holds up quite well as a professional page layout tool.

--
Cheers,

Kevin Walzer, PhD
WordTech Software - "Tame the Terminal"