scribus-cvs on breezy, was Re: [Scribus] N00b Stupid Table Question

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Sat Oct 22 15:47:25 CEST 2005

Oleksandr Moskalenko wrote:
> * Maciej Hanski <ma_han2000 at yahoo.de> [2005-10-21 22:51:18 +0200]:

>>>i had the same problem with ubuntu (not the latest)... risizing the window
>>>for 5 minutes solved the problem and on the next start the window was bell
>>>behaved!
>>>
>>>ciaociao
>>>
>>>a.l.e
>>
>>Thanks a.l.e. On the latest Ubuntu, this is more serious -- Scribus
>>appears without windows widgets, and manages somehow to cause other
>>programs to behave the same way. I've already filed a bug about it:
>>
>>http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=2750
>>
>>Maciej
>

> Maciej,
>
> Please try the scribus-cvs package I just uploaded and email me about the
> results.
>
> Regards,
>
> Alex.

Hi Alex,
still the same weird window behaviour after the update -- I've assigned
the bug 2750 to you, I hope, you don't mind :)

There is yet another issue with Scribus on Breezy/Gnome which Scribus
devs blame on Debian's handling of QT config files and deny to deal
with, see this bug:

http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=2751

In short, Scribus on Ubuntu/Gnome launches with wrong GUI font encoding
and with much to big fonts. Since Ubuntu is targeted at inexperienced
Linux users/Windows switchers, it's probably to much asking them to
start their experience with Scribus from tampering around with qt
configs. Is there a way to solve this issue while packaging Ubuntu debs
and to deliver them with sane configs?

regards
Maciej