[Scribus] open dtp livecd (ctd.)

Tobias Hilbricht hilbricht
Fri Oct 28 11:36:39 CEST 2005

Am Mittwoch, 19. Oktober 2005 11:43 schrieb Bo?tjan ?peti?:
> > BTW, this ISO seems to be good enough as a nice give away for all those
> > Windows guys who simply want to know how Scribus 1.3.x looks and works...

> the livecd is designed in a way, that enables easy rebuilding and stable
> architecture.

Based on my experiences with live CDs (Knoppix based) and on copyright issues:

* There is hardware around which will not work or work only poorly. I am
thinking especially of Xservers which do not work for example with certain
notebook chips or with DVI connections etc.; e. g. Matrox cards need
proprietary binary modules to work with DVI, native notebook resolutions do
not work if the video bios is not properly coded etc.

* There are copyright issues which are important with respect to DTP. Without
explicit permission from Adobe you can neither include Adobe Acrobat Reader
nor Adobe ICC profiles; there are other profiles around, but you have to
check there, too.

Yours sincerely

Tobias Hilbricht

--