[Scribus] Importing Text

James Gilmore james.d.gilmore
Tue Sep 6 18:54:26 CEST 2005

I've been putting together a booklet, but I've run into an irritation, and I
wanted to share it so possibly it could be addressed in the future.
I've been trying to import preformatted text for a dictionary/glossary where
the word is bold and the definition is not. Scribus only seems to support
importing text formatting on a line-by-line basis, which is not good for my
purposes. I've tried pasting the text, importing the text from OpenOffice,
and from HTML(with CSS tags, which was the original format), all with
limited or no success. In fact, Scribus crashes with a Signal 11 when
attempting to import text from OpenOffice 2.0. I've been using the CVS
snapshot on Ubuntu Breezy, as well as the stable build on a separate machine
running Ubuntu Hoary.
I want to applaud the developers for a great program. It keeps getting
better all the time. I hate to complain about Scribus at all, because it is
(in my humble opinion) one of the best open source projects ever. But I
would like to see more options for importing text, particularly XML, HTML
with CSS, and of course, I'd like to be able to import OpenOffice 2.0 files.
That, or even the ablity to use regular expressions to format text within
Scribus would help immensely.
Keep up the fantastic work!

--
Learn Esperanto, the international language that just Works(tm)!
http://www.lernu.net

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
--Douglas Adams