[Scribus] Debian versions can't handle 1.2.1 input without corruption

Bob Horvath scribus
Wed Sep 7 07:44:54 CEST 2005

I have tried various Debian packages using Oleksandr's repository, and
cannot get a scribus file that I created this spring able to survive a
save and re-opening without getting severly corrupted.  They open ok,
but a save corrupts it to any of the newer formats.

Unfortunatly, I am far enough down the testing/unstable path, that I
can't get a 1.2.1 version loaded again without serious conflicts.

The files are at

http://files.horvath.com/scribus/

The main file is

http://files.horvath.com/scribus/CrowNews.sla

A PDF of what it should look like is at

http://files.horvath.com/scribus/CrowNews-2005-vol1.pdf

I have tried from scratch to recreated the template using 1.2.2 or 1.3
series, but very quickly they get corrupted too.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?  Can anyone else modify that
slightly and re-open it?