[Scribus] CYMK problem

Cor Pernot info
Wed Sep 7 21:23:14 CEST 2005

Hi Christoph and Louis

I was confused too, so I spoke again with people in the printshop. Why does my
pdf not print well? (yes Christoph, I had used 'printer' in the pdf color
settings).
They told me that if they would do the job,  they would first 'translate' a
jpg file to contain CYMK information (with photoshop they said). This jpg
file would go into Xpress and a good pdf is the result. Sorry for my somewhat
criptic last part in the first e-mail.
I do not understand why they to this separate translation. Does Xpress not
create a pdf with colors in the CYMK colorspace?

So I am looking how to translate (RGB)?- jpg (stemming from a scanned
photograph) to CYMK-jpg. I understand that it should go well with the
'printer' button in the pdf color settings.

I will experiment with the tiff format (from GIMP) and the possibility I saw
in Photoshop to choose for CYMK there.

Thanks for your kind help so far.
Best regards,
Cor