[Scribus] Article on UNO Programming

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Sat Sep 10 00:28:19 CEST 2005

Hi Manuel,

I think it was Craig Ringer who intends to write something like a bridge
between OO.o and scribus in the future. The reason was that OO.o can
handle lots of file types (among them Word and WordPerfect). By using
UNO, it wouldn't be necessary to write import filters from scratch and
let OO.o do the job instead.

I recommend to read the *very* interesting discussion that took place in
the June/July time frame IIRC. From your first posting here, I assume it
might also be interesting for your purposes.

> Are you planning to write Scribus as a set of UNO components?
> It would be great!!

I don't think this will ever happen, but others are in a better position
to answer this question ;)

Cheers,

Christoph