[Scribus] Dependencies problem

Paul F. Johnson paul
Sun Sep 11 22:36:08 CEST 2005

Hi,

> I tried installing Scribus from the rpm but hit some dependencies
> problems. I need :
> libaudio.so.2
> libcrypto.so.0.9.7
> liblems.so.1
> libssl.0.9.7
>
> Where do I get these and how do I install them. I'm a "newbie"!
>
> My system is Fedora Core 4 running on an Asus/Sempron.

First you need to put Fedora Extras into your yum list. This is very
simple

ls /etc/yum.repos.d

There should be a file in there called fedora-extras.repo. If there is,
you need to enable it

su
vi /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-extras.repo

There is a line which reads enabled=0. Change this to enabled=1, save
(escape !wq). Next you install scribus

yum install scribus

That will grab *everything* Scribus depends on and installs it as well
as Scribus itself. Be aware though that it is only version 1.2.2 (ish)
in FC-Extras currently.

If the fedora-extras.repo file doesn't exist...

vi /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-extras.repo

Copy below in and save (escape, !wq). Then type yum install scribus. Job
done.

[extras]
name=Fedora Extras $releasever - $basearch
#baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/$releasever/$basearch/
mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/fedora-extras-$releasever
enabled=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-extras
gpgcheck=1

HTH

TTFN

Paul
--
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the
best and then make sure that you are. In my time at Liverpool we always