[Scribus] Dependencies problem

Craig Ringer craig
Sun Sep 11 23:14:21 CEST 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-11 at 16:56 -0400, Gregory Pittman wrote:

> Actually, anything with .rpm on the end will fail, and you don't need a
> path.

That's not correct. In addition to being able to fetch from a remote
repository, yum is also capable of acting as a wrapper for rpm for
installing locally stored RPM files. It'll check what dependencies the
RPM file has, and go out to the 'net to satisfy them if it can.

It does, however, appear to be extremely stubborn about installing
unsigned packages, such as the RPMs from the scribus site. I was
surprised to discover that it doesn't pass the argument --nosignature
through to RPM if you give it to yum.

> As root, type 'yum install scribus' and that should do it, as long as
> you have Fedora extras in your repo.d (which I think is automatic for FC4).

That'll get you the version of Scribus in Fedora Extras. In this case,
it's been updated to 1.2.2.1 so that's fine. Thanks for pointing that
out. This is definitely the easiest way to get 1.2.2.1 onto a FC4
system.

--
Craig Ringer