[Scribus] Scribus 1.3 image preview missing & color problems

Carol Kankelborg cckborg1
Mon Sep 12 17:27:37 CEST 2005

> On Monday 12 September 2005 02:05, Carol Kankelborg wrote:
>
>>> I have Mac OS 10.4.2 with Scribus 1.3.0-1 (fink unstable
>>> 10.4-transitional).
>>>
>>> I am working on a poster which has, at this point, two images. One
>>> is GIF and one is TIFF. The GIF displays fine and prints fine. The
>>> TIFF image does not display on the screen (Show Images is checked
>>> from the "View" menu and "Image Visible" is checked when I
>>> right-click on the image frame). Also, in print preview and when I
>>> export to PDF the TIFF image is lime-green in color. (It is
>>> supposed to be true black & white.) I seem to recall this latter
>>> problem also arose in some other major version.0 and had to do with
>>> Endian problems. Are there workarounds for these two problems?
>

> Please file a bug and attach the tiff file in question. It could be an
> endian issue or not.. What application created the tiff?
>
> Peter

Peter,
    I have filed a bug (ID 0002552) and described how I created the TIFF. The short
answer is scanned in, then modified with the GIMP. If there's anything
more I can do to help track this down, let me know.  For now, I've
been converting images to a different format to get things to work
correctly.

   I'm hitting my heavy Scribus usage time of the year. I am always impressed by
the rapid advances the program has made from year to year. (I started out at 1.0.)

Thanks,

Carol

--
Carol Kankelborg