[Scribus] cairo

PLinnell mrdocs
Wed Sep 14 23:25:11 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 14 September 2005 22:40, Bart Alberti wrote:
> In scribus version 1.3.1cvs 2 September 2005 C-C-T-F-A,
> why is cairo not enabled? YAST says cairo is a vector drawing
> library for PDF etc creation.
>
> PS: Of course I can't compile now until the automake issue is
> resolved (I don't really want to go back and expect SuSE 9.3 ASAP).
> --------->>>>>>>>>>
> config.status: executing depfiles commands
> Configuration Summary:
> Libraries:
>    Freetype2 installed:     Yes
>    Fontconfig found:        Yes
>    CUPS installed:          Yes
>    LittleCMS installed:     Yes
>    libtiff installed:       Yes
>    Libxml2 installed:       Yes
>    Python installed:        Yes
> Configuration options:
>    Debugging enabled:       No
>    cairo enabled:           No
> Other details:
>    GhostScript 8.51 was found at /home/bart/bin/gs
> Good - your configure finished. Start make now
> bart at kissling:~/Scribus> rpm -qa|grep cairo
> cairo-0.1.23-3
> cairo-devel-0.1.23-3

Hi,

On suse 9.x you need cairo 0.9+ or preferably 1.0. The API was not
frozen before then.

To upgrade you will need to also upgrade glitz and libpixman too.

RPMS:
http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/SuSE/9.3-i386/RPMS.gnome/

These are updates from the Suse 9.3 supplementary update and installed
without a problem here. YYMV.

Hope that helps.

Peter