[Scribus] Announce: Scribus 1.2.3 Released

Russbucket russbucket
Thu Sep 15 04:21:09 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 14 September 2005 04:09 pm, PLinnell wrote:
> On Thursday 15 September 2005 00:47, Russbucket wrote:
> > On Tuesday 13 September 2005 04:03 pm, PLinnell wrote:
> > > The Scribus Team is pleased to announce the release of Scribus
> > > 1.2.3 - Open Source Page Layout. The Scribus team urges all users
> > > and distros to use this latest stable release. The 1.2.3 release
> > > is focused on minor enhancements, bugfixes and additional
> > > documentation.
> > >
> > > Building on the 1.2.2.1 version released in July, 1.2.3 refines
> > > the 1.2 series with many fixes and some enhancements :
> > >
> > > Scribus now supports the proposed openicc specification for color
> > > management profiles.
> > >
> > > The 1.2.3 release also adds updated English documentation, along
> > > with many updated GUI translations.
> > >
> > > Many locale and Unicode fixes and enhancements
> > >
> > > After this release, the Scribus team will concentrate work on the
> > > 1.3.x development series, with a release of 1.3.1 imminent. We
> > > will continue to maintain the 1.2.x series, and already are
> > > working on version 1.2.4, with further enhancements to come.
> > >
> > > The Scribus Team would also like to thank Anduin.net/?verby
> > > Consulting and n at work GmbH, Hamburg for gracefully sponsoring our
> > > Scribus Documentation site, our Bug Tracker and Anonymous CVS
> > > server. Also, a note of thanks to University of Salford - School
> > > of Media, Music and Performance for providing continued hosting
> > > of www.scribus.net and upgrading the server hardware.
> > >
> > > Getting Scribus 1.2.3:
> > >
> > > You can:
> > >
> > > Download source tarballs and document templates and some rpms
> > > from our Sourceforge Download page http://scribus.sourceforge.net
> > >
> > > Visit the downloads page on http://www.scribus.org.uk for the
> > > same.
> > >
> > > Download from our Scribus Docs mirror. http://docs.scribus.net
> > >
> > > For Debian and Ubuntu repositories, visit Scribus Debian
> > > Repository. http://debian.scribus.net
> > >
> > > The Scribus Team would also like to thank the many end users,
> > > testers and contributors to making this our finest release to
> > > date.
> >
> > I installed 1.2.3 yesterday from the SuSE9.1 rpm. When I start
> > Scribus up it still shows as 1.2.2CVS. When I check with YaST it
> > says 1.2.3 is installed and the Icon shows it was modified
> > yesterday. I tryed deleting the Icon and replaced it and still
> > shows the cvs name.
> >
> > I thought I saw an item on the mailing list but I cannot find it.
> > It also is not shown in the Bug tracker. Is this a bug to report or
> > ?
>
> Hi,
>
> Open a console and try:
>
> /usr/bin/scribus
>
> Peter
That brought up the correct version so how do I change the Desktop Icon to
point to is. It must mean the cvs version is still somewhere even though I
used YaSt to install the RPM. My guess is there are two installs so how do I
remove a cvs version?

Thanks for your great product, I'm glad I've been able to do most of my old
publish work with scribus so I'm finally only depending on TurboTax to do my
taxes under windows. I plan to move to SuSE 10.0 after its out and scribus
etc work with it.

Thanks again.
--
Russbucket