[Scribus] feature requests

Craig Ringer craig
Thu Sep 15 16:09:14 CEST 2005

Hi

Others have answered many of your questions, but there's one I think
deserves a little more detail:

On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 15:20 +0200, EdbO wrote:

> - Show the style also in the Story editor, not only on the page itself.

There are several reasons why there are no real plans to do that. For
font size, it naturally makes it harder to actually get in and edit the
text. Font faces are not represented because we can't guarantee that the
Qt toolkit that Scribus uses actually knows about the same fonts that
the the canvas does. There is nothing to be done about this, really.

In the long term, it's hoped that we can make it easier to edit text on
the page so that you can more comfortably edit directly on the page when
tweaking formatting and layout.

--
Craig Ringer