[Scribus] Finding a 'mail merge' script

Keith.Gunderson at act.org Keith.Gunderson
Thu Sep 15 20:12:15 CEST 2005

My addresses are stored in a text file.  Plain and simple.  A blank line is
the separator.

I hoped to be able to adapt a script (which probably used a better method
of organization) to handle my 'record format.'

I'll be posting my results before long... but probably after you folks in
Europe log off for the day.  Any script snippets would be appreciated.

Thanks again,
Keith

Petr wrote....

hi Keith

On Thursday 15 of September 2005 17:44, Keith.Gunderson at act.org wrote:
> Can someone share an 'mail merge' python script that I can use to print
out
> my invitation envelops (using scribus 1.3.0) ?   I saw a mailmerge.py URL
> that was posted to the list last year, but the link is dead now.   I
> definitely don't expect a turnkey solution, but anything to get my
started
> would be fantastic.  I'll be printing these myself on my own printer.

there is one question related to this issue. Where and how do you have
addresses stored?

IMHO there is no way how to create 'universal mailmerge' script because of
this point.

cheers
--
Petr Vanek --------------
petr [at] yarpen [dot] cz

Keith Gunderson
Performance Test Analyst, Testing Operations
Application Delivery Department
Information Technology Area
ACT, Inc.
301 ACT Drive