[Scribus] Fonts available in scribus?

Craig Bradney cbradney
Mon Sep 19 11:44:48 CEST 2005

On Monday 19 September 2005 11:31, Hadmut Danisch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed several additional Truetype fonts in
> /usr/local/share/fonts, registered with fontconfig.
>
> While other tools like inkscape or gimp do offer them in
> the fonts selection, scribus shows only a small subset of
> available fonts.
>
> How exactly does scribus get the list of available fonts and where
> from?

Scribus 1.2.x and lower get it from X11, plus your additional font dir setup
within Scribus. 1.3.x also uses fontconfig. If your X11 doesnt have those
dirs and your using 1.2.x, then add the directories in under Fonts in the
Setup menu. Scribus will also discard fonts it finds errors in. With 1.3.x,
you can use the -fi command line option to get font information printed to
the console on startup.

Craig