[Scribus] snap to guides

Tiago Saboga tiagosaboga
Mon Sep 19 21:11:09 CEST 2005

Hi all,

It's my first time in this list, so i'd like first to congratulate everybody
for this great software! (sorry if my english isn't that good, c'est la
vie...)

I'm using scribus-cvs for debian (1.3.1), installed from the binary deb
packages, and I can't make my boxes snap to guides. They snap to the grid, if
I want, but I don't want. Is there a hidden (for me, at least) option to
really activate it? Another question: are the margins guides?

One more question: is there a way to make a changeable template (a sort of
template, I'd say)? I have a lot of pages to make, and they are all slightly
the same: the text frames are connected from each page to the next, like in
the following diagram:

----------------
|  |--------|  |
|  |        |  |
|  | text 1 |  |
|  |--------|  |
|              |
||-----| |-----|
||text2| |text3|

So, in each page, text 1 is connected to text 1 in the next and in the
with the linked text frames, and after that, I have to work on each page,
changing a little the box size, deciding what will fit in each page. (In
fact, it's a trilingual document, so I have to align the three portions of
text). Is there a good way to do that?

Thanks again,

Tiago Saboga.