[Scribus] can't run scribus-cvs

Owen rcook
Tue Sep 20 00:24:47 CEST 2005

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 14:13:07 +0300
Aaron <aamehl at actcom.net.il> wrote:

> I had to reinstall debian and after install scribus-cvs, the following
> happens.
>
> I can start scribus but when it opens a prexisting document it crashes
> with a signal 11.
>
> I have no idea how to trace what is causing this, but for certain I had
> scribus-cvs working flawlessly before so it should do so again.
>
> maybe it is missing some dependecy?
> so how can I get scribus up and running?

Do you know where the executable is for the cvs?

Start a console, then type /usr/local/bin/scribus  (or where it is)

Any messages yet?

Then try to open a document that fails

Then look at your console again

Any messages now?

You really haven't given too many clues as to what may be wrong.

Do you have gdb installed, that would probably be the next tool to help debug, but do the above first.

--
Owen