[Scribus] replace png with pdf

Craig Ringer craig
Tue Sep 20 12:29:16 CEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-20 at 18:41 +1000, Owen Cook wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Sep 2005, Aaron wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> > I created a book design with png graphics which I now want to replace
> > with pdf graphics.
> >
> > Is there an automated way of doing this that will preserve the size of
> > the graphics frame as well.
> >
> > Again the only difference in file names is .png .pdf
>

> First of all, pdf is not a graphic format (like png, tiff or jpg)

Indeed. Nothing stops you making a PDF that just contains a raster
graphic though, or rasterising a PDF like Scribus does when you import
it.

Given Aaron's described usage, if the document doesn't have any raster
elements I'd suggest outputting or converting to PostScript, then
importing PostScript using File->Import instead. That'll import the
document as vectors, giving very crisp results and generally much
smaller files.

--
Craig Ringer