[Scribus] replace png with pdf

BandiPat magicpage91
Tue Sep 20 20:52:24 CEST 2005

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 12:15:35 +0300
Aaron <aamehl at actcom.net.il> wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-09-20 at 18:41 +1000, Owen Cook wrote:
> > On Tue, 20 Sep 2005, Aaron wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > > I created a book design with png graphics which I now want to
> > > replace with pdf graphics.
> > >
> > > Is there an automated way of doing this that will preserve the
> > > size of the graphics frame as well.
> > >
> > > Again the only difference in file names is .png .pdf
> >

> > First of all, pdf is not a graphic format (like png, tiff or jpg)
> >
> > So just what is it you want to do?
> >
> > If you have made a book cover in Scribus using graphics with a png
> > extension, you can then do a number of things
> >
> > File->Export as an image, this will be a png image   OR
> > File->Export as a pdf, this will be in pdf format viewable by
> > Acrobat
> >

> > Or do you have some other scheme?
>

> another scheme I am adding music notation generated by lilypond and
> had used pngs but they were low resolution.
>
> I substituted the pdfs which look so much better.
>
> I really want to use svg but it appears scribus doesn't support the
> svg files from lilypond, it appears to be an issue of how they
> implement the svg standard.
>
> Aaron
==========

Aaron,
Did you try bringing the Lilypond svg graphics into Inkscape to verify
the format is good?  Possibly you could resave them from Inkscape under
another name, as svg, then use them in your document?  A little round
about way, but should work.

Also, unless something has changed since I was last here, Scribus uses
svg files quite well, I believe?

end of line
Patrick
--