[Scribus] Ligatures and "Expert Fonts" again

frank gaude' tanzen
Wed Sep 21 23:33:44 CEST 2005

There's a long way to go to catch up with what Adobe's InDesign, for the
last three versions (6, CS, and CS 2) can do. They cover OpenType,
strokes, type manipulation, plus shadowing to my needs for the last four
or so years.

Frank

Louis Desjardins wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As a footnote, I'd like to add that Quark has never had an elegant way
> to achieve this either.
> The only efficient way that I know to work with Expert fonts was to
> use an XTension (that is not supported anymore) running with version
> 4.x and below. (Something like a super search & replace dialog.)
>
> Louis
>
> Andreas Vox a ?crit :
>
>> Robert Memering wrote:
>>
>>> Is there any way to find out if there's hope for these
>>> features to be included in the near future?
>>
>> Depends on your concept of "near future":
>> * next four weeks: unlikely
>> * next four months: very likely

Four months, huh? I sure hope you are on the mark, Louis