[Scribus] Build fails on sparc solaris 9

Craig Ringer craig
Sat Sep 24 08:41:29 CEST 2005

Hi

In this case, the failure looks like it's because Scribus needs Python
2.3 or newer to support the Python scripting interface, and you have
2.2. If you pass --without-python to configure, it'll disable the Python
interface, so you might want to do that. If you really need scripting
support, I suggest upgrading to Python 2.3 or 2.4 .

Any chance you can file a bug on http://bugs.scribus.net/, and attach
your config.log (the one from this build failure)? Old Python versions
really need to be detected and skipped.

As for Solaris builds in general, I built Scribus on Solaris 10/x86 a
while ago - I don't remember if it was 1.2.x or 1.3.x . It is expected
to build, though, and build failures should be considered bugs.

Once the OpenSolaris team get the Solaris/Xen port up to speed I hope to
start doing regular Solaris 10 builds.

--
Craig Ringer