[Scribus] printing with linescreen

wayne iw
Mon Sep 26 03:05:07 CEST 2005

On Sunday 25 September 2005 05:20 am, Scott A. Phipps wrote:

> On Sun, 2005-09-25 at 12:52 +0200, PLinnell wrote:
> > On Saturday 24 September 2005 23:21, Scott A. Phipps wrote:
> > > How does one go about printing with a specific linescreen? I have
> > > used the linescreen setting in scribus but am not doing something
> > > right, because I cannot tell a difference when I print. I am trying
> > > to print a xerox phaser 7750dn with a linescreen of 85. I am trying
> > > to get a high school newspaper class set up so that they can send
> > > camera ready pages to the local newspaper to be printed. Any
> > > guidance would be greatly appreciated.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Scott
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > This thread last summer is worth a careful reading:
> > http://nashi.altmuehlnet.de/pipermail/scribus/2004-July/005757.html
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Peter

> Yea, I read that all of those, but didn't really get an answer. Unless I
> missed something, the guy wound up using a corel program under windows
> to solve his problems.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scott

Scott,

I ended up printing the main document (tabloid size) from Acrobat on a
windows computer at Kinkos. I then printed out the parts that needed
screening on my laser printer using ghostscript. Finally, I physically
pasted the screened image onto the main document. That's the only way I
could figure out how to do it short of buying a tabloid size laser
printer.

I would have loved to have done the whole thing in one step but the
computer at Kinkos does not have ghostscript on it.
I guess I could have tried importing the pdf into Corel Draw but didn't
have much faith in Corel's pdf filter. Has it improved any?

Wayne