[Scribus] shrinkwrap text?

Owen rcook
Tue Sep 27 08:31:46 CEST 2005

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 09:13:35 +0300
Aaron <aamehl at actcom.net.il> wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-09-27 at 15:55 +1000, Owen Cook wrote:
> > On Tue, 27 Sep 2005, Aaron wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > > I have some titles which in text frames. I need the text frames to be as
> > > small as possible around the titles. Is there some easy way to do it?
> >

> > Why? Coloured background?
>
> Well first off this is a common feature, framemaker etc.
> second I want to center the title on the page and if the frame is giant
> it won't center.
> Third it is annoying having oversized text frames

fair enough though just because framemaker etc has features does not mean that Scribus has to have them. You can of course request a feature.

As for centering, this is a matter of technique. Perhaps for accuracy you could make the text frame the width of the paper (thus precision positioning) and then have a paragraph style, "Title" which centres the title?

Many ways of skinning a cat!

Owen