[Scribus] Scribus in the Art Lab

Le Tigre scribus
Mon Apr 3 18:39:57 CEST 2006

Christoph Sch?fer a ?crit :
> Am Montag, 3. April 2006 00:52 schrieb Louis Desjardins:
>
>>Hi everybody,
>>
>>There is an article about Scribus posted Wednesday last week on News Forge.
>>

>>>"I began seriously planning this change last school year, when I
>>>realized how fully the current feature sets of free software
>>>programs could satisfy the technical needs of the students in my
>>>classes. I decided that the time had come to teach our undergraduate
>>>art students about free software programs such as the GIMP, Scribus,
>>>and Quanta Plus, instead of proprietary programs such as Photoshop,
>>>QuarkXpress, and Dreamweaver."
>>
>>The rest of the article can be read here:
>>http://business.newsforge.com/business/06/03/09/2238246.shtml?tid=37
>>
>>Cheers!
>>
>>Louis
>

> Hi Louis,
>
> have you also read the comments?
>
> ;)
>

> Cheers,
>
> Christoph

That kind of stupid comments look a bit like this one:
http://forum.framasoft.org/viewtopic.php?p=128073#128073 (in french) -
to whom I respond.

I'm always surprised when people try to compare free softwares with
non-free, without thinking that it's absolutely 2 different things.

By the way, I wrote an article about free softawres in our previous
revue, that was in 2002... And in French, of course - and at that time I
was not even working on Linux... It's there:
http://rdereel.free.fr/volLQ1.html

Cya

Raphael