[Scribus] Text-Frame with 2 Columns?

Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins
Thu Apr 6 18:55:14 CEST 2006

Pierre-Luc Auclair a ?crit :
> On Wednesday 05 April 2006 21:34, Christoph Sch?fer wrote:
>
>>To me, this seems to be a typical case of a conflict between a developer's
>>logic and a user's logic. For a developer, it seems to be clear that the
>>feature belongs either to "X, Y, Z" or "Shape", but since it's a typical
>>text feature, most users will expect this in the text tab.
>>
>>[...]
>>

>>>/Andreas
>

> It would rather have to go in a paragraph tab, we already lack settings that
> are only available via styles [that should go there].

I agree this confuses everybody!

I think putting the field in the text tab needs more thoughts.

Columns never come without a gutter. So 2 fields. Then we have the text
inset... Rethinking it over doesn't convince me this solution will give
the desired results. There will not be less confusion, imo.

Maybe you'll agree the name of the tab itself brings the first
confusion. How could "Shape" makes think about a text frame or an image
frame? Could it be dynamically replaced by "Text Frame" when on a text
frame, and "Image frame" when clicking on an image frame? Or simply
"Frame" instead of "Shape" ?

Also, the way Scribus works, and correct me if I'm wrong, the paragraph
style cannot accomodate columns or can it? My understanding is that
columns are "text frame" dependant and not "paragraph" or "text"
dependant. And how could we live with both worlds? What would take over
and in what circumstances?

But I would gladly welcome a "frame" style (idea already on the bug
tracker).

Cheers!

Louis