[Scribus] a different kind of Scribus reference

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Fri Apr 21 02:24:06 CEST 2006

Something I've been tossing around in my head is a concept of a
different sort of reference than documentation in Scribus itself or some
of the tutorials.

The idea is to take the individual design elements of DTP as used in
Scribus, then create an explanatory listing of the operations that are
pertinent to that element.  For example, one might start with the
topic/heading "Text frame", then compile a collection of all the things
you might do with/to a text frame, starting with creation, of course,
but including text entry from various sources, manipulation of contents,
shape, position, linking, and so forth. To be sure, some of this is
repetitive, as in the fact that some things you can do with a text frame
apply to any frame.

It just seems that many of the questions that come through the list are
of the type, "How do I do such-and-such with a text frame?" And that
people are beginning with an idea of what they want to do, and trying to
find a logical place to start.

Does anyone else think this is a worthwhile endeavor?

Greg