[Scribus] Scribus 1.3.3 on Ubuntu Dapper, AMD 64, crashes on text import

Axel Bojer axelb
Fri Aug 25 09:49:57 CEST 2006

Gregory Pittman skrev:
> Axel Bojer wrote:
>> 1. I mark my textframe and ...
>> 2. Go to ?File - import - get Text? and find my odt-file. Then ...
>> 3. I get a dialog with the question: Choose a conversion filter
>>
>> So far nothing wrong, but, wait! The box is empty! I can not choose a
>> single fileformat, because no matter if I try to use the dropdown tool,
>> it still shows nothing. If I just close my eyes and press ?Ok?, hoping
>> Scribus will know what to do, then the program chrashes with the
>> following remark to me:
>>
>> 4. Scribus is crashing because of signal #11.
>>
>> I suppose that something is just wrong with the linking between scribus,
>> openoffice and the file properties, but I dont know how to correct this :-(
>>

> You may need to build your Scribus, considering your hardware.
> See:
> http://www.scribus.net/index.php?name=Sections&req=viewarticle&artid=4&page=1
>
> Greg

Do you mean this repository:?

  # debian.scribus.net - Primary repository
  deb http://debian.scribus.net/debian/ hoary main restricted
  deb-src http://debian.scribus.net/debian/ hoary main restricted
  # debian.tagancha.org - Backup repository
  deb http://debian.tagancha.org/debian/ hoary main restricted
  deb-src http://debian.tagancha.org/debian/ hoary main restricted

or do you mean to use the tar-ball?

I have tried both :-(

The repository does not contain any packages for amd 64 (could someone
correct this please? :-)
thats the reason why i used http://ubuntu.moshen.de. (scribus 1.3.3)

When I tried to build the tarballs myself, I got a lot of dependency
problems ...

 From BUILDING:

Requirements:
         Qt >= 3.3 (3.3.3 recommended)
         Freetype >= 2.1.3 (2.1.9+ recommended)
         libart >= 2.3.8+ (2.3.17+ recommended)

... and for the libarts I have som problems: (./configure gives)

configure: error: You need at least libart 2.3.8 . See the BUILDING file.

apt-cache show libart2 -> Version: 1.4.2-30
(By the way: apt-cache show freetype2 -> 1.4pre.20030402-1.1ubuntu1, but
the build did not complain about that ... and how to I check my
qt-version? slocate shows both qt4 and qt3 libraries, I suppose I have
both then?)

I suppose I have to use a unstable system to build this then? I am using
an standard debian dapper for amd 64 with all the latest updates + extra
multimedia packages.

By the way: I supposed that what I would get from the tarball is the
same as the package from moshen.de ?

Best regards
Axel Bojer