[Scribus] Unable to start Scribus on Ubuntu Drapper

Devilz Advocat devilzadvocat
Tue Dec 12 21:22:10 CET 2006

Hi,

I have been itching to start using scribus but it seems for some off reason
when I start the program it displays a "Starting Scribus" on the bottom
taskbar and after about 30 seconds simply quits without launching the
application.  I have repeatedly tried to uninstall and re-install the
software via a number of methods, ranging from Synaptics to even a manual
install tried both Scribus and Scribus-ng both revelaing the same result.

I am using Ubuntu 6.06 Drapper, and have searched all over the place for a
solution to no avail

Thank you for all the help