[Scribus] Open Source Software and Book Authors

John Jason Jordan johnxj
Fri Dec 15 16:55:48 CET 2006

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 07:20:03 -0800 (PST)
wtb41 <wtb at hal-pc.org> dijo:

> >There are also GUI front ends for TeX; LyX and
> >TeXmacs.
>
> Can you point me to them, please? And thanks to all so far for your helpful
> suggestions.

Scribus is not the tool for your job because it does not have good
table support.

The first thing I would do is install the latest OOo, which is 2.1 and
see if it fixes the PDF generator problem. I know a lot of work has
been done on that since the 2.0x releases. And since your problem with
OOo is just the PDF generator, I would try alternatives. I have never
tried them, but I know there are other PDF creation tools for Linux.