[Scribus] Lazy question

Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins
Wed Feb 1 23:28:25 CET 2006

John R. Culleton a ?crit :

> I supose this is buried in the docs somewhere but allow me a lazy
> man's question:
>
> Is there a reasonably convenient way to shape text aganst a curved
> or irregular graphic? Something like this:
> xxxxxx
> xxxxx
> xxxx
> xxx
> xxxx
> xxxxx
> xxxxxxx
> etc.
>
> I see both book covers and cocktail table book interiors with this
> feature.

The lazy answer is yes. :)

You might want to know how to do it, don't you?!

In the Properties palette under Shape tab you have a check box "Text
flows around frame". There is no way to actually set the text a bit off
the shape so you might need to use 2 irregular graphics : one with a
none color for pushing the text, and one filled as you wish to show the
graphic itself.

HTH

Louis

--