[Scribus] importing multi-page pdf

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Thu Feb 2 03:28:30 CET 2006

Gregory Pittman wrote:
> Min Xu wrote:
>
>> Gregory,
>>
>> Thanks for your wiki article and examples. In fact, I did learn
>> how to loadImage() from pdf or ps from your scripts. However, I found
>> the results have low resolution. You can see it here:
>>
>> http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~xu/tmp/test.gif
>>
>> Also, I didn't see how to change the resolution for the loaded
>> ps image. I assume higher resolution can help.
>>

> I just tried this myself, and I think if you convert your .sla file to a
> PDF you will find that the resolution is much better than this, almost
> as good as the original PDF.

I had another look at your link, and I'm not sure what it represents.
What I did was use my scribalbum.py script to load PDFs into a document
in Scribus, then made a PDF of that. After that, it does depend on how
much you may have enlarged the PDF in the Image category of the
Properties tool.
There also is a requestor in PDF Export to set the resolution of EPS
graphics.

Do you have a recent ghostscript? 8.53 is available and may do a better job.

Greg