[Scribus] Status of Indic language support in Scribus (Gora Mohanty)

Gora Mohanty gora_mohanty
Thu Feb 2 19:25:51 CET 2006

--- MaHan <ma_han2000 at yahoo.de> wrote:
[...]
> Hi Suki and Co!
> Before you go off list, please consider creating a
> simple Scribus Wiki page devoted to this topic:
> current status, open questions, samples, people to
> contact just in case, etc...

At least as per the few experiments that I have tried, Scribus support
for
Indic fonts is quite limited. So, I am not sure that it would be of
much
use right now to start to list bugs in Indic rendering that are
specific
to Scribus. This topic could be revisited when Indic support is added
Scribus. After the next few days, I am going to start an effort within
IndLinux to put together an exhaustive set of tests for Indic
rendering.
Links to these will go on the IndLinux wiki, and I will post to this
list,
providing a link to the wiki entry. How does that sound?

Regards,
Gora