[Scribus] Scribus mime-type in Gnome

Łukasz Jernaś deejay1
Mon Feb 6 09:35:29 CET 2006

Dnia pi?tek, 3 lutego 2006 23:27, Oleksandr Moskalenko napisa?:

> The files in my packages are installed correctly. There has to be another
> reason for the wrong behavior. I am running a Debian Sid/Gnome combination
> and I can't open .sla files in Nautilus. Nautilus pops up a warning message
> that says that this file is of type "Scribus File" (so, it's reading the
> scribus*.xml files in the/mime/packages dir), but 'The contents of the file
> indicate that the file is of type "Plain text document"' blah, blah, blah.
> So, it looks like Gnome mime/type handling is broken in this case in some
> way. Any ideas?

I have the same problem here, GNOME tries to be smarter than the mime database
(as usual....) and tries to find the mimetype of the file on it's own. I
currently can think of any means of disabling it, but I'll take a look.

--
?ukasz [DeeJay1] Jerna?
Dateiname   : nicht verf?gbar