[Scribus] GIMP and the future of Open Source DTP

Tobias Hilbricht hilbricht
Tue Feb 7 10:36:30 CET 2006

Am Montag, 6. Februar 2006 23:53 schrieb Tino Schwarze:

> IMO there just has been no developer who considered CMYK a necessity and
> had the time to develop it accordingly. So there is nobody to blame.

Nobody blames the developers, because the implementation of a full fledged DTP
compatible image manipulation program is technically very complex, as I
learned when trying to give some simple softproof capability to the vector
graphics application Skencil.

But it is certainly not bad to strengthen the efforts of the developers of The
GIMP, Krita or CinePaint by expressing a demand for a professional open
source image manipulation program. There is already a very promising closed
source alternative, Pixel by Pavel Kanzelsberger, being developed for many
platforms including Linux.

Yours sincerely

Tobias Hilbricht

--