[Scribus] GIMP and the future of Open Source DTP

Tobias Hilbricht hilbricht
Tue Feb 7 14:03:15 CET 2006

Am Dienstag, 7. Februar 2006 13:38 schrieb Tino Schwarze:

> > closed source alternative, Pixel by Pavel Kanzelsberger, being developed
> > for many platforms including Linux.
> Last time I looked at Pixel, it promised to support CMYK but didn't.
> IIRC images were converted to RGB upon import.

CMYK, CMYK image import and colour management is working now; however, as I
said, Pixel is under development with bugs, missing documentation etc., but
it develops very rapidly and is very promising. There are free demos

Yours sincerely

Tobias Hilbricht

Dr. Tobias Hilbricht
Linopus Satz und Grafik