[Scribus] Importing multi-page pdf (2)

Bart Alberti bart
Sat Feb 11 02:00:44 CET 2006

John R. Culleton wrote:

>On Friday 10 February 2006 03:19 pm, Craig Bradney wrote:

>>>While I very much agree with Craig's comments about pdftk, the program
>>>is small enough and simple enough to use ('pdftk your.pdf burst') that
>>>you should at least try it to know why you don't want to use it. For
>>>now, but hopefully not for long, this is a job that must be done outside
>>>

>>pdftk is a fine tool for such things, it (Scribus import) should just be
>>more automatic for most users. Select, set some import options, import,
>>done.
>>
>>Craig
>>

>Downloaded the pdftk tarball, tried to Make it, and it blew me
>away with a jillon error messages. Don't have time to debug all
>that. I'll fuss with something major, like Scribus or Gimp, but not
>with a utility where there are other options.

My rpm from the site works and I recall compiling the prior 1.0  tar
ball on SuSE 9.2 and 9.3.
Their syntax needs some simplification though. You run around in circles
figuring it out; but repeat tries go it for me.

Bart Alberti

------------------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

bart at kissling:~> pdftk
SYNOPSIS
       pdftk <input PDF files | - | PROMPT>
            [input_pw <input PDF owner passwords | PROMPT>]
            [<operation> <operation arguments>]
            [output <output filename | - | PROMPT>]
            [encrypt_40bit | encrypt_128bit]
            [allow <permissions>]
            [owner_pw <owner password | PROMPT>]
            [user_pw <user password | PROMPT>]
            [flatten] [compress | uncompress]
            [verbose] [dont_ask | do_ask]
       Where:
            <operation> may be empty, or:
            [cat | attach_files | unpack_files | burst |
             fill_form | background |
             dump_data | dump_data_fields | update_info]

       For Complete Help: pdftk --help
bart at kissling:~> rpm -qa|grep pdftk
pdftk-1.12-0