[Scribus] SVG import problem

Owen Cook rcook
Sat Feb 11 07:46:12 CET 2006

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006, Brian Burger wrote:

> I created an SVG image in Inkscape 0.43, and wanted to use it on our
> local LUG's next poster, so I tried to import it into Scribus (1.2.2.1
> Ubuntu 5.10)... most of the SVG is fine, but the corners of some of
> the rectangles are screwed up.
>
> The SVG itself is here:
> http://www.warbard.ca/temp/Tux_Warhol_simple.svg
>
> Here's what it looks like imported into Scribus:
> http://www.warbard.ca/temp/Screenshot-Scribus_SVGproblem.png
>
> Is this a bug in Scribus's SVG importing/handling, or something else?

Yes, I am on Ubuntu 5.10 as well and get the same result with
Scribus-1.3.3 8 Feb.

Importing brings the warning;
"SVG file contains some unsupported features"

So I guess that answers your question, my Inkscape is 19 Nov 2005 and I
haven't updated it.

There is a close coordination between Scribus and Inkscape
developers. Guess it will be sorted out eventually

Remember both programs are in development

I am not sure if it is worth a bug report at this stage, but feel free to
do so if you wish

Owen