[Scribus] Hyphenation

Louis Desjardins louisdesjardins
Sun Feb 12 00:26:21 CET 2006

>    Does Scribus build a hyphenation dictionary? When I import text from OO.o I
>am asked for possible hyphenation points each time the word appears. And, if
>the word appears in multiple imported texts, I'm asked for the same word
>again.

You have to tell Scribus *how* to hyphenate in Settings>Hyphenator in
1.2.x or Prefs>Hyphenation in 1.3.x (sorry, I don't have immediate
access to my Scribus box, so can't be sure with the newer version).

Basically, you can ask for full automatic or for hyphenation proposal
at each word. Your choice.

There, you also set the language of hyphenation, the number of
hyphens allowed in a row and the length of the smallest word to be
hyphenated.

*Then* you can choose to hyphenate or not any text frame of your
choice. And in 1.3.x, you can even de-hyphenate (which is great).

HTH

Louis