[Scribus] 1.3.3 much slower than 1.3.2

Louis Desjardins louisdesjardins
Tue Feb 14 14:01:27 CET 2006

>On Tuesday 14 February 2006 07:47, Louis Desjardins wrote:
>>  >Hi Team,
>>  >
>>  >I have a fresh compilation of tonight's cvs 1.3.3.
>>  >Handling my 136-page book with this new version is veery slow... The
>>  >screen rendering seems to take forever. It is hardly usable.
>>
>>  Went back to 1.3.2 cvs 23Jan06 and all is ok there.
>>
>>  >Any clue?
>
>Not at all.. no idea what would cause this.. is there a particular operation
>that seems slow?

Once the document is open and I'm in front of the 1st page, scrolling
through it with either the mouse wheel or the bar at right takes
really forever. Also, the little pop-up menu with all the pages at
the bottom of the window doesn't pops... so no hope there either.
After a very long while, many minutes I'd say, you end-up "somewhere"
in the document w/o real control. Honestly, I quit after 3 tentatives
and went back to 1.3.2 which is very fast at all that and much faster
than 1.2.4.1 as well. Actually, 1.3.2 made me think I could really
try out an oldtime project! So I decided to give it a try!

Production notes:
Size : 14 X 21 cm (portrait)
Facing pages
1 auto text frame (6 sections, each section is not linked to the other)
Text set using Utopia family 10/15 for main body
Column width 18,5 picas (one column, throughout)
There are various Master Pages to accomodate the folios and running titles.
No images throughout except 5 little logos on last page.
136 pages
24 000 words
145 000 chars.
Ink : black